Membership & Capacity-Building Coordinator
The Asian American Federation (AAF), founded in 1989, is New York City’s most powerful leadership voice for better policies, services, and funding that lead to more justice and opportunity for Asian New Yorkers. Our mission is to raise the influence and well-being of the pan-Asian American community through research, policy advocacy, public awareness, and nonprofit support.
In collaboration with 70 member and partner community-based organizations, we serve the interests of 1.7 million New Yorkers from 20 ethnic groups—diverse in language, culture, and religion—that make up New York’s Asian community, by providing expert research and unrelenting advocacy; working with lawmakers to change policies; and training Asian nonprofits to better serve their communities.
We fight to keep the pan-Asian American community visible and to ensure our needs are met, our contributions are valued, and our stories are told.
AAF seeks a full-time Membership & Capacity-Building Coordinator to: 1) maintain our Building Collective Impact Initiative to build the capacity of AAF’s senior-serving organizations, 2) develop and manage AAF’s membership process and relationships with member agencies. Reporting to the Associate Director of Advocacy & Policy and working closely with the Deputy Director, this person will be the primary point of contact between AAF and our 70 member and partner organizations to build their capacity to provide services.
Building Collective Impact Initiative: maintain and expand SWG
- Managing activities for the Asian Seniors Working Group (SWG) to advocate for resources and policy changes for Asian seniors, including facilitating meetings and maintaining a lasting network of senior services
- Coordinating funders briefings to galvanize more private support of Asian senior services
- Maintaining partnerships among the SWG members, city agencies, and other senior-serving organizations based in neighborhoods with a growing Asian population in order to increase access to culturally competent senior programs
- Managing the administration of regrants to 12 senior-serving organizations, including Memorandums of Understanding and budgets
- Evaluating, updating, and creating program materials
- Preparing quarterly program reports for funders on the progress of the Building Collective Impact Initiative
Membership Program: maintaining membership model – works closely with Deputy Director
- Developing and managing an updated membership system and process, including, but not limited to, the identification of member benefits, general member data, new membership applications, and member evaluations
- Debuting a new Partner Development Program, including coordinating with course vendors and potential partner organizations
- Leading the planning and execution of semiannual member convenings, and support with other all-member activities
- Coordinating submissions for our quarterly member newsletter
- Maintaining updated information about AAF’s membership in the directory, MailChimp, and CRM
- Participating in organization-wide work efforts and events
- Completing other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Project management skills, with demonstrated ability to develop project plans, coordinate between internal and external stakeholders, create and hold stakeholders accountable to deadlines, document key processes, and conduct project evaluations
- Facilitation skills, with experience using a variety of techniques to engage a coalition and/or audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly
- Relationship management skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in or ability to learn Outlook, GSuite, and CRMs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in nonprofit advocacy, program administration, or related field
- Fluency in an Asian language is a plus
Compensation: Salary is $50k per year, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) plan.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and writing sample with [Last Name] Membership & Capacity-Building Coordinator in the subject line to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will begin by no later than June 1, 2022. No phone calls, please.