The Asian American Federation (AAF), founded in 1989, is New York City’s most powerful leadership voice for better policies, services, and funding that lead to more justice and opportunity for Asian New Yorkers. Our mission is to raise the influence and well-being of the pan-Asian American community through research, policy advocacy, public awareness, and nonprofit support.
In collaboration with 70 member and partner community-based organizations, we serve the interests of 1.7 million New Yorkers from 20 ethnic groups—diverse in language, culture, and religion—that make up New York’s Asian community, by providing expert research and unrelenting advocacy; working with lawmakers to change policies; and training Asian nonprofits to better serve their communities.
We fight to keep the pan-Asian American community visible and to ensure our needs are met, our contributions are valued, and our stories are told.
AAF seeks a Program Assistant to provide support for the day-to-day activities of the Program Department across several program areas, which includes programming related to anti-Asian violence, mental health, nonprofit support, and immigrant integration. Responsibilities will include various administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, the overall operations function of program areas, grants management support, and budget tracking.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing workshops, trainings, and other events for program areas, such as creating event graphics, setting up online registration, and leading back-end Zoom support or in-person event set-up
- Support program evaluations by creating metric tools like polls, surveys, etc., and assessing data to inform program implementation
- Manage the program calendar for each program area
- Schedule and coordinate team and external meetings with grantee partners, including taking minutes at meetings, preparing and disseminating materials, and following up on action items
- Support the tracking and payment of budget expenses for program areas
- Assist in the preparation and collection of grant reporting documents, including ensuring accurate receipt of relevant reporting documents from grantees for deliverables tracking and payment
- Collect, track, and maintain program data throughout the duration of each program, including creating additional digital/online resources as needed
- Organize and maintain electronic filing systems for program documentation in the shared drive and new CRM
- Represent AAF at external meetings and trainings and facilitate as needed
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative or program support role, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize accordingly, including having excellent follow-through
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative environment, with strong interpersonal and external partner support skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Workspace, and Zoom
- Proficiency in social media platforms, Canva, Eventbrite, and Mailchimp a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to Asian American communities and AAF’s mission
Compensation: Salary range is up to $48,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off, health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) plan.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and writing sample with [Last Name] Program Assistant in the subject line to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will begin immediately. No phone calls, please.