In response to these racist attacks against Asian New Yorkers, AAF launched its landmark Hope Against Hate Campaign to bring immediate safety to our beloved communities.
AAF’S HOPE AGAINST HATE CAMPAIGN OFFERS:
COMMUNITY SAFETY PROGRAMS
In Asian enclaves across NYC
Learn more about the Community
Safety Program here
Equipping small businesses and faith centers
to provide safety information to
impacted Asian Americans
VICTIM SUPPORT SERVICES
Connecting victims to pro bono legal services
and mental health support in multiple
Teaching personal safety strategies
in multiple Asian languages
With the Hope Against Hate Campaign, we are taking concrete steps to create a
safer city, one in which all communities can thrive.
- Held over 80 hours of safety trainings through 44 workshops to train over 2,737 individuals in 6 languages
- Recruited and trained over 55 Community Companions to provide language assistance, outreach, and safety escorts
Contacted over 1,000 local community centers, faith centers, small businesses for the Safe Zones program
- Recruited over 50 small businesses/community centers to provide safety resources as a Safe Zone
- Developed a reporting tool in 8 languages, compiling over 400 reports in the first six months of COVID-19
- Reached 6,900 youth through community education, anti-bullying initiatives, and emotional and mental health support services
Raised and regranted $3 million in City and State funding to support 34 Asian-serving organizations to provide safety services
- Referred over 3,700 people to domestic violence resources, protective accompaniment, reporting assistance, anti-bullying initiatives, and behavioral and mental health services
- Engaged 1,800 community members, including policymakers, funders, and other stakeholders in community education events
CLIENTS TO VICTIM
OUR SAFETY VIDEOS AND
BOOKLETS REACHED OVER
AAF TRAINED OVER
COMMUNITY MEMBERS IN
PERSONAL SAFETY STRATEGIES
JOIN OUR POWERFUL COALITION TO FIGHT HATE
We brought together a powerful coalition, drawn from our 70 member and partner community organizations; mental health providers; foundations; companies; and individuals, to keep Asian New Yorkers safe.
These partnerships continue to make a lasting impact, and we invite you to stand with us on one of the most urgent issues of our time — fighting racism.
Not only are we ensuring the immediate protection of our communities, but we are also building a more hopeful future for the 1.5 million Asian Americans who call New York home.
Meet our partners
We are so grateful to our grantees and supporters who make this work possible.