Connecting to Power: The Growing Impact of New York City’s Asian Voters
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY TODAY
Asian Americans make up the fastest-growing voting bloc in New York City. With the Asian population booming over the last decade, Asian voter turnout has been surging as well — the rate nearly doubled from 15 percent to 26 percent in 2021. This growth in Asian voter participation in NYC was also spurred by community groups like the AAF-led AAPI Power Coalition. Their in-person, in-language, and culturally relevant outreach helped to mobilize so-called “unlikely voters,” — so much so that Asian voters who were outreached to increased their turnout by a whopping 73 percent. A success that also reveals the incredible political potential of the Asian community to shape the City they call home.
AAF’s latest report on Asian American civic engagement:
- Explores the ethnic diversity and growing political impact of Asian voters
- Highlights how political campaigns are miscalculating by labeling Asian Americans as “unlikely voters”
- Explores how an AAF-founded voter outreach program used culturally relevant and in-language voter outreach tactics to activate Asian communities
- Illustrates the unique challenges that Asian American voters face in having their voices heard
- Recommends policy changes that will effectively engage Asian Americans in the voting process and enable them to have equal opportunity to shape local politics
Get a FREE copy of Connecting to Power sent to your inbox:
We take privacy seriously and hate spam, so we promise to carefully protect your email address.